How Wide is a Golf Cart?
It’s a bright sunny day outside, so gear up and let’s go golfing. A golf cart is an essential part of golf. Just like a car, when you’re buying a golf cart, one of the first would be how many people can ride it and how wide is a golf cart? Golf carts are not merely about being electric-powered or gas-powered.
Golf carts have a narrower front sizer compared to the back. The front wheels have around 33.5-inches of difference between them. Whereas, the difference between the rear wheels is around 38-inches. As a result, seat spacing has a distance of around 48-inches, which can accommodate two people comfortably. Bear in mind that this is the industry average golf cart size. It may vary depending on different manufacturers, brands, and designs.
If you want to know more about the golf cart you can read another article How Long do a Golf Cart Batteries Last?
What is the Dimension of a Golf Cart?
When you’re planning for a golf cart, you need to know the dimension of the golf cart like How full are Golf Carts?, Golf Cart Length, Golf Cart Roof Dimensions and also Golf Cart Parking Dimensions.
The size of the cart plays a vital role while you’re making a choice.
Golf carts come in both two-seater and four-seater design. The cart needs to be spacious enough to accommodate the necessary gears and equipment with golf cart bags.
Most two-seater golf cart comes in a dimension of 4x8x8 feet. However, the size tends to vary a little bit, depending on the manufacturer and the design.
Some modern-day Electric Golf Cart also Diesel and Gas Golf Cart even come in 8-seater design to accommodate multiple users and equipment at a time. These types of golf carts are more expensive compared to the smaller ones as well.
How Long is a Golf Cart?
The average length of a golf cart is around 96-inches or 8-feet. This two-seater golf cart is a measurement based.
A there are golf carts made in larger sizes, the length also varies in them. Four-seaters or larger golf carts have a higher extent than this to accommodate more people and the necessary gears.
The length from the front wheel to the rear wheel of a two-seater golf cart is around 65.5-inches. However, the distance from the front wheel to the back seat is somewhere around 92.5-inches on average. Once again, the measurement varies on different models. let’s find below.
Dimensions of some of the Most Popular Golf Carts
- Drive 2 – Fleet: length 238cm, width 120cm, height 178cm (with sun top)
- Drive 2 – PTV: length 238cm, width 120cm, height 178cm (with suntop)
- Concierge 4: length 3250mm, width 1200mm, height 1222mm/1910mm (with suntop)
- Yamaha UMAX ONE: length 283.1cm, width 125.3cm, height 123.3cm/188cm (with suntop)
- UMAX TWO: length 303.2cm, width 125.3cm, height 123.3cm/188cm (with suntop)
- YamahaUMAX BISTRO: length 324cm, width 125.7cm, height 123.3cm/182.4cm (with suntop)
- UMAX RELLY 1: length 291.2cm, width 136cm, height 128.8cm/188cm (with suntop)
- Yahmaha UMAX RELLY 2: length 311.3cm, width 136cm, height 128.8cm/188cm (with suntop)
- Adventure Sport 2+2: length 2765mm, width 1294mm, height 1270mm
- UMAX Range picker: length 283.1cm, width 125.3cm, height 123.8cm /182.4cm (with suntop)
- Precedent Stretch PTV: length 144 inch, width 47 inch, height 69 inch
- Onward 2 Passenger ELECTRIC /HP LITHIUM/GAS: length 92 inch, width 48-3/4 inch, height 71 inch
- Club Car Onward lifted 4 Passenger ELECTRIC /HP LITHIUM/GAS: length 114 inch, width 49-1/2 inch, height 80-1/2
- Villager 2LSV ELECTRIC (with Bag Rack): length 234.4CM, width 120.1cm, height 174cm
- Club Car Villager 2LSV ELECTRIC (with Cargo Box): length 265.5cm, width 120.1cm, height 174cm
- XRT 800 Gas & Electric: Length 255cm, Width 114cm, Height 119cm
- Club Car XRT 1550 Gasoline & Diesel: Length 309.9cm, Width 148.5cm, Height 209cm
- EZ-Go Golf Freedom RXV Gas & Electric: length 240cm, width 119cm, height 116cm (w/o roof) & 174cm (w. roof)
- E-Z-Go Golf Freedom TXT Gas & Electric: length, 237cm width,119cm, height 118cm (w/o roof) & 171cm (w. roof)
- EZ-Go 2 Five Electric: Length 272cm, width 120cm, height 181cm (w/o roof) & 191cm (w. roof)
- E-Z-GO Express S4 Gas & 72 Volt: Length 300cm, Width 123cm, Height 133cm (w/o roof) & 208cm (w. roof)
- EZ-Go Express L6 Gas & 72 Volt: Length 364cm, Width 123cm, Height 136cm (w/o roof) & 183cm (w. roof)
- EZ-Go Express 4X4 72 Volt: Length 284cm, Width 134.6cm, Height 195.1cm
- E-Z -Go Valor Gas: Length 237cm, Width 119cm, Height 121/176cm
The Dimensions for Golf Cart Garage
It is very important to calculate your garage dimension and others before buying your golf cart like area, space, parking facility, etc. You have to measure the garage dimension including 2 meters for each side of your golf cart. Also, consider some space for your golf clubs.
The dimension of Golf Cart Trailer
The golf cart should fit into a 5 feet wide and 10 feet length trailer without any hassle. Normally, Smaller trailers of this size come equipped with a loading ramp to permit ease of loading for the golf cart. Be sure each time about your golf cart and its tires are secure.
How Golf Cart fits in the Truck bed?
In a standard truck, a standard golf cart will fit comfortably. So, be sure how wide is your golf cart and how much the golf cart weight before loading on the truck.
Using some of the ramps has a load capacity of at least 1500lbs; the golf cart can be load quickly on the truck bed.
Be sure about the truck’s tailgate that is solidly locked and correctly placed. It’s vital to tie-downs the golf cart to the bed of the cargo to prevent it from moving.
These are the average sizes of some of the most popular golf carts out there. However, the width and dimension of the golf cart vary widely. So, don’t go for a cart just because it’s a two-seater. The width is different based on the manufacturer, brand, and model.
Let’s watch a video review on Golf Cart Measurement.