One of the most important things to consider in golf carts is the dimensions. After all, you want to ensure that your cart is the right size for your needs. But what are the average golf cart dimensions? And how can you make sure that you choose a cart that will be perfect for you?
A golf cart is typically between four and six feet wide. However, carts can vary in width, so measuring your specific cart is important to get an accurate measurement. The width of a golf cart is important to know for many reasons. For example, if you’re trying to park your cart in a tight space, you’ll need to know the exact width to ensure it fits.
Additionally, the width of your cart can affect its performance on the golf course. If your cart is too wide, it may have difficulty maneuvering around tight corners. Conversely, if your cart is too narrow, it may tip over more easily. Therefore, it’s important to choose a width that strikes a balance between these two factors.
Golf carts have a narrower front sizer compared to the back. The front wheels have around 33.5-inches of difference between them, whereas the difference between the rear wheels is around 38-inches. As a result, seat spacing has a distance of about 48-inches, which can accommodate two people comfortably.
Bear in mind that this is the industry average golf cart dimensions. It may vary depending on different manufacturers, brands, and designs. So let’s see what golf cart dimensions are.
What are the Golf Cart Dimensions?
When you’re planning for a golf cart, you need to know the dimension of the golf cart, like how are:
- Golf cart’s lengths
- Golf cart’s width
- Golf cart’s height
- Golf cart’s seat dimensions
- Golf cart’s battery dimensions
- Golf cart’s roof dimensions
- Golf cart’s parking dimensions
- Golf cart’s wheel dimensions
The size of the golf cart plays a vital role while you’re making a choice.
Golf carts usually come in two-seater, four-seater, and six-seater designs. The coach needs to be spacious enough to accommodate the necessary gears with golf cart bags and various equipment like a golf practice mat and golf practice net. Moreover, if you prefer to listen to music, you can consider a space to set up a Bluetooth Speaker.
Most two-seater golf cart dimensions are 4 feet wide, 8 feet long, and 8 feet high. However, the size tends to vary slightly, depending on the manufacturer and the design.
Some modern-day Electric Golf carts and Diesel and Gas Golf Carts come in an 8-seater design to accommodate multiple users and equipment simultaneously. These types of golf carts are more expensive compared to the smaller ones as well.
Dimensions of some of the Most Popular Golf Carts
YAMAHA GOLF CART:
- Drive 2 – Fleet: length 238cm, width 120cm, height 178cm (with sun top)
- Drive 2 – PTV: length 238cm, width 120cm, height 178cm (with sun top)
- Concierge 4: length 3250mm, width 1200mm, height 1222mm/1910mm (with sun top)
- Concierge 6: length 4100mm, width 1200mm, height 1222mm/1910mm (with sun top)
- Yamaha UMAX ONE: length 283.1cm, width 125.3cm, height 123.3cm/188cm (with sun top)
- UMAX TWO: length 303.2cm, width 125.3cm, height 123.3cm/188cm (with sun top)
- Yamaha UMAX BISTRO: length 324cm, width 125.7cm, height 123.3cm/182.4cm (with sun top)
- UMAX RELLY 1: length 291.2cm, width 136cm, height 128.8cm/188cm (with sun top)
- Yamaha UMAX RELLY 2: length 311.3cm, width 136cm, height 128.8cm/188cm (with sun top)
- Adventurer Sport 2+2: length 2765mm, width 1294mm, height 1270mm
- Adventurer Super Hauler: length 363cm, width 136cm, height 124cm (without sun top)
- UMAX Range picker: length 283.1cm, width 125.3cm, height 123.8cm /182.4cm (with sun top)
CLUB CAR GOLF CART:
- Club Car Precedent Stretch PTV: length 144 inches, width 47 inches, height 69 inch
- Onward 2 Passenger ELECTRIC /HP LITHIUM/GAS: length 92 inches, width 48-3/4 inches, height 71 inch
- Club Car Onward Lifted 4 Passenger ELECTRIC /HP LITHIUM/GAS: length 114 inches, width 49-1/2 inch, height 80-1/2
- Villager 2LSV ELECTRIC (with Bag Rack): length 234.4CM, width 120.1cm, height 174cm
- Club Car Villager 2LSV ELECTRIC (with Cargo Box): length 265.5cm, width 120.1cm, height 174cm
- XRT 800 Gas & Electric: Length 255cm, Width 114cm, Height 119cm
- Club Car XRT 1550 Gasoline & Diesel: Length 309.9cm, Width 148.5cm, Height 209cm
Tempo Lithium ION Golf Car: Length 309.9cm, Width 148.5cm, Height 209cm
Tempo Fleet Golf Car: Length 309.9cm, Width 148.5cm, Height 209cm
E-Z-GO GOLF CART:
- EZ-Go Golf Freedom RXV Gas & Electric: length 240cm, width 119cm, height 116cm (w/o roof) & 174cm (w. roof)
- E-Z-Go Golf Freedom TXT Gas & Electric: length, 237cm width,119cm, height 118cm (w/o roof) & 171cm (w. roof)
- EZ-Go 2 Five Electric: Length 272cm, width 120cm, height 181cm (w/o roof) & 191cm (w. roof)
- E-Z-GO Express S4 Gas & 72 Volt: Length 300cm, Width 123cm, Height 133cm (w/o roof) & 208cm (w. roof)
- EZ-Go Express L6 Gas & 72 Volt: Length 364cm, Width 123cm, Height 136cm (w/o roof) & 183cm (w. roof)
- EZ-Go Express 4X4 72 Volt: Length 284cm, Width 134.6cm, Height 195.1cm
- E-Z -Go Valor Gas: Length 232cm, Height 174cm, Wheelbase 166.4cm
How wide is a Golf Cart: FAQs
How Long is a Golf Cart?
The average length of a golf cart is around 96-inches or 8 feet. This two-seater golf cart is measurement-based.
There are golf carts made in larger sizes, and the length varies. Four-seaters or larger golf carts have a higher extent to accommodate more people and the necessary gears.
The length of a two-seater golf cart’s front to the rear wheel is around 65.5-inches. However, the distance from the front wheel to the back seat is around 92.5-inches on average. Once again, the measurement varies on different models.
How wide is a golf cart seat?
A golf cart seat is typically about 20 to 22 inches wide. However, there can be some variance depending on the make and model of the golf cart. For example, older models may have narrower seats, while newer ones may be slightly wider.
Additionally, some golf carts may have bench seats that accommodate two or more people, while others may have individual bucket seats. Ultimately, the best way to determine the width of a golf cart seat is to measure it yourself.
When doing so, be sure to take into account any padding or armrests that may be present. Doing so will ensure that you accurately measure the seat width.
How wide is a golf cart roof?
Golf carts are not just for golfers anymore. These days, golf carts are used for various purposes, from running errands around town to taking the kids to and from soccer practice. And while they may be small, they must still be stable and safe. That’s why the roof is an important part of any golf cart.
The average golf cart roof is approximately 48 inches wide. This gives the cart a low center of gravity and helps to prevent it from tipping over, even when carrying a heavy load. So if you’re looking for a golf cart that can handle all your needs, be sure to choose one with a wide roof. You’ll be glad you did.
How wide is a golf cart path?
Normally golf carts have four wheels and are propelled by an electric motor. Golf carts generally range from seven and a half to ten feet (7.5′-10′), and those with normal wheelbases can accommodate up to 4 people.
To make the path design suitable for everyone, it should consider the number and mix of golf carts with other non-motorized users. Golf carts differ from other users in many aspects, including speed, mass, and the space they need to pass and turn around other users.
A golf cart’s usual turning radius is between nine and a half to twelve feet (9.5′-12′. The operational width is wider than the actual width of a facility because golf carts need free room to operate there.
How wide are a golf cart garage and garage doors?
The average golf cart garage is about eight feet wide, but the golf cart’s size will determine the garage door opening. Most golf carts are about four feet wide, so the garage door opening should be at least that wide. You may need a wider garage door opening if you have a larger golf cart.
The width of the garage door opener is also determined by the door opener you have. If you have a chain-driven opener, you will need a wider garage door opening so the chain can run without binding. You can open a narrower garage door if you have a belt-driven opener.
Golfcart garage doors are usually four sizes, for examples 5’x7′, 6’x7′, 5’x8′ and 6’x8′
What’s the dimension of the Golf Cart Trailer?
When it comes to golf cart trailers, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. The dimension of the trailer will depend on the size of the golf cart that it is designed to carry. However, most golf cart trailers fall somewhere between four and six feet in length.
This allows them to comfortably accommodate a standard golf cart, with plenty of room for clubs, balls, and other gear. If you need to transport a larger golf cart or if you have a lot of gear to haul, then you may want to choose a trailer that is a bit longer. But a four- to the six-foot trailer will work fine for most purposes.
And yes, you can easily use a loading ramp to get your golf cart onto the trailer.
How does the Golf Cart fit in the Truck bed?
Golf carts are a popular way to get around golf courses, but they can also be handy for running errands or cruising around neighborhoods. Golf carts come in various sizes and styles, and many can be easily outfitted with accessories like baskets and windshields.
But how do you transport a golf cart from one location to another? One option is to load it into the bed of a truck. This can be tricky, but with a little planning, it can be done relatively easily. First, measure the dimensions of the golf cart and the truck bed to ensure the cart will fit.
Next, lower the tailgate and position the golf cart parallel to the truck. Then, lift the front of the golf cart into the truck bed and secure it with tie-downs or straps. With the golf cart secure, you’re ready to hit the road.
These are the average sizes of some of the most popular golf carts. However, the width and dimension of the golf cart vary widely. So, don’t go for a coach just because it’s a two-seater. The width is different based on the manufacturer, brand, and model.
Let’s watch a video review on Golf Cart Measurement.
We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!